OPEN FOR SUBMISSION – Lao CSR Awards
The Lao National Chamber of Commerce and Industry, in conjunction with the Australian Chamber of Commerce in Lao PDR, the European Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Lao PDR, the Embassy of Canada, the British Business Group in Lao PDR, and Civitas Co., Ltd are proud to declare the inaugural Lao PDR Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Awards open for submissions.
The CSR Awards was conceived at the 2021 Laos Responsible Business Conduct (RBC) Forum, and will be presented at the 2022 Laos RBC Forum which is scheduled for 18 February 2022 to mark World CSR Day. We are calling for submissions that show creativity, sensitivity, inclusivity and especially embedded local practice under the theme of “Encouraging Environmental Excellence“.
Climate change is an urgent global matter. Businesses have a prime responsibility towards the environment and it isn’t just businesses with high levels of CO2 emissions that need to start changing their practices. Therefore, this contest will showcase CSR Award winners who role-model Environmental Excellence in Laos and help to inform best practices for broader business community and Government stakeholder consideration and uptake. We know there are some outstanding Laos-based CSR examples and this is our chance to elevate their profile and recognize their ingenuity!
CSR Awards Objectives:
- Support Lao government efforts to attract and promote quality investment.
- Give heightened profile to the businesses that promote and adopt CSR measures.
- Sensitise the Lao Business Community to CSR and international best practices.
- Encourage the Lao Business Community to implement CSR initiatives.
- Give role models, and set trends, for the Lao Business Community that is looking to implement CSR initiatives.
CSR Awards Categories:
- Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (up to 25 employees)
- Larger Enterprises (25 and more employees)
CSR Awards Evaluation Criteria:
- Stakeholder Engagement – to what extent is the initiative/strategy based on an understanding and consideration of stakeholders’ views, whilst being accountable to them?
- Impact – how is the impact of the initiative/strategy measurable?
- Innovation – what initiative/strategy is adopting new approaches or activities to address the concerns of stakeholders?
- Sustainability – to what extent is the initiative/strategy integrated into company policies and long-term operations?
- All companies with operations and staff based in the Lao PDR can submit an application for the Award.
- A company can only apply for one Award (one Award Category) per Cycle.
- Specific CSR initiatives must have been underway for a sufficient period of time for judges to evaluate its effectiveness.
4th October 2021: Applications Form Available
1st December 2021: Submission of Application
31st December 2021: Announcement of Shortlisted Applications
31st January 2022: Submission of Supporting Documents
18th February 2022: Announcement of Winners