H.E. Mr. Sonexay Siphandone presided over the second consultation meeting of the Economic Task Force Committee to address key issues of the impacts of the COVID-19.
The meeting was held in 28th April 2021 at the Ministry of Planning and Investment, chaired by the Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Planning and Investment and the Head of the Economic Task Force Committee on how to reduce the effects of the COVID-19 on the Lao Economy, together with the Economic Task Force Committee team, relevant line ministries and the representative of Lao National Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
The main purpose of the meeting was to discuss some policies and measures to address issues arising from the second wave of the COVID-19 in Lao PDR
The consultation meeting consisted in 5 key issues including: financial, credit, labour, production and trade of goods, transporation and social and general public’s policy.
- Finance: considering tax and VAT reduction, tax and VAT deferral of payment, other fees etc;
- Credit: working on more credit assistance will be sought in various forms, as well as credit consolidation activities in economic recovery programs and SMES promotion projects.
- Labour: creating a plan for social assistance according to the actual conditions and allocate unemployed workers into the employment system
- Production and transportation of goods: monitoring the supply and the price of commodity goods accross the country, as well as discussing on how to ease the movement and transportation of goods between and within the provinces.
- Social: suggesting relevant sectors to look for more policies to to reduce burden of electricity, water, internet, waste collection bills etc…
Source: KPL News Agency
This summary is provided by ECCIL EuroCham and might be subject to modifications by the relevant authorities