Female Leadership and Career Development Seminar
Inspiring the next generation of Lao Female Leaders
Jointly organised by Lao Business Women’s Association, ECCIL and Austcham Lao
Thursday 29th November 2018, 8:30 AM - 12.00 PM, Mercure Vientiane
In the global context, there are many successful women who serve as role models for how to lead and how to become leaders. Women run corporations, governments and other organisations. In many cases, these female leaders must face challenges their male counterparts might not encounter.
To inspire and empower Lao young women to be brave and have the courage to set challenging career goals, we’re presenting four highly successful female leaders who will share their real and inspiring experiences with the audience. They are women who made their own career choices, believed in themselves and took their own paths.
To inspire and encourage
These inspirational presentations aim to specifically address Lao women with career ambitions and we are proud to present these four thoroughly selected successful Lao female leaders who will share their stories. In particular, how did they achieve their professional goals? What were the challenges and how did they manage to overcome these challenges? What is their advice to the audience? And what was/were their own main source(s) of motivation? The participants will have the opportunity to ask the speakers their individual questions after the presentations at a panel discussion.
- Chanthachone VONGSAY, Vice CEO of K&C Group, Vice President of LNCCI and President of Lao Business Women’s Association;
- Siriphone PHANTHAVONGS, Managing Director of ECME, Higher Diploma in Electrical Engineering, MBA;
- Ms Soudaphone VISOUNNARATH, First Officer Lao Airlines, Airline Transport Pilot Licence, Ecole Nationale de L’Aviation civile, Toulouse, France;
- Ms Souphachanh KHANSYLA, Head of International Banking, ANZ Laos, Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia.
- Souphaphone SOUANNAVONG, Managing Director and Founder TOHLAO co-working space, Director Austcham Lao.
Lao female university students in the final year and recent graduates from:
- Laos Australia Institute’s scholars;
- National University of Laos Faculty of Business Administration;
- National University of Laos Faculty of Engineering;
- Australian Alumni;
- Erasmus students.
Women from the public and private sectors including:
- Lao Business Women’s Association;
- Austcham Lao;
- High-ranking female government officials.
|8:30 – 9:00||Registration|
|9:00 – 9:10||Welcome speech Nana Souannavong and Anna Forsén|
|9:10 – 9:20||Opening remarks by Government representative xxx and The Australian Ambassador H.E. Mr Jean-Bernard Carrasco|
|9:20 – 9:40||Speaker 1|
|9:40 – 10:00||Speaker 2|
|10:00– 10:20||Coffee break|
|10:20 – 10:40||Speaker 3|
|10:40 – 11:00||Speaker 4|
|11:00 – 11:30||Panel discussion based on individual questions from the audience and questions prepared and asked by the organisers in advance.|
|11:30 – 11:45||Wrapping up and closing remarks|
Seats for this event are limited and reservations will generally be made on a first-come, first-served basis. The event is free of charge.