Date(s) - 27/11/2019 - 28/11/2019
Vientiane, Crowne Plaza
The purpose of the course is to familiarize the participants with international concepts of Supply Chain Management in order to increase efficiencies and reduce supply chain cost. Reducing the cost of managing the supply chain increases profitability of the whole firm without the need to renegotiate with suppliers or increase the price paid by customers.
The participants will gain the following insights during the two-day training course:
- How your supply chain fits your specific company and corporate strategies.
- How to design a supply network specific to their company’s requirements.
- How to find and select suppliers, what modes of transportation exist and how to choose the one that is the most advantageous for their company and situation.
- The new INCO Terms 2020 will be explained so that the participants can confidently use them.
Day 1 (27 November 2019)
- Supply Chain Strategies
A brief introduction to Supply Chains and Circular Economy.
Different SC strategies and their context within the organization.
- Network Design, Facility Location and Distribution Management
Day 2 (28 November 2019)
- Procurement, Transportation and INCO Terms
Sourcing methods, tenders, modes of transportation, and INCO Terms 2020.
- Shipment Tracking, Inventory Management and KPIs
- Tracking of air and sea shipments, and GPS tracking systems for trucks.
- Inventory Management and the Bullwhip Effect.
- A brief introduction to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Who should participate in the training?
- Business owners and Entrepreneurs
- Procurement Managers
- Current or aspiring managers in supply chain, logistics and inventory
The course will be conducted by Dr. Fernandez, who has started his career in freight forwarding and logistics in 1984 in his native Hamburg, Germany as an apprentice. In 1990, he moved to Thailand to work for German Multinationals and local Thai logistics companies, covering Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos. From 1999 on he worked in Taiwan for a German logistics company and returned to work in Thailand in 2002.
Dr. Fernandez completed an MBA in International Business in 2004, an M.Sc. in Computing for Commerce and Industry in 2008, and a Ph.D. in Logistics in 2016. He is currently a lecturer at the University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce (UTCC) and has been invited as a guest lecturer at universities in Thailand and Germany.
– Members of ECCIL: USD 260
– Non- member of ECCIL: USD 290
* The fees will include handouts, certificates, 1 lunch, 2 coffee breaks during the training days
*The training will be conducted in English only
We have limited seats for this training course, please kindly register before 31 October 2019
For more information please contact:
Download information package : Download