HR teams are increasingly operating in a VUCA world: environments of Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, and Ambiguity. And in those environments, they have an almost impossible task – to find the right people for the right jobs, to do everything possible to ensure that they don’t leave to go and work for competitors, and to ensure that employees develop build on the skills they have and develop new ones so that the organization can achieve its strategic objectives. With businesses using technologies that didn’t exist 10 years ago to operate effectively and connect with customers in new ways, and operating in an increasingly global market place, the role of HR has never been more important.
This interactive one-day workshop focuses on one of HR’s biggest challenges – employee development. Through a mix of presentations, case studies, and discussions, it examines how the most effective employee development doesn’t simply start and end with offering a suite of learning and development programs. It begins with hiring, extends through induction and onboarding, is enhanced with effective performance management, and is supported by approaches to learning and development that truly focus on the needs of the modern workforce.
In this workshop, you’ll learn more about:
- The biggest challenges HR teams in Laos PDR and around the world are currently facing and how they’ve solved them
- How employee development begins with great hiring and why clarity matters
- How adopting best practices in induction and onboarding can lead to great employee development results
- New approaches to performance management that increase engagement and retention
- How learning and development can make a bigger impact on developing employees at all career stages
- The connection between engagement and development and why it matters
Who should attend?
HR professionals in businesses, non-profits, and government, including experienced HR officers and managers who wish to update their knowledge and skills about the latest techniques in the various human resources functions.
- Anyone responsible for employee development and / or training.
- Anyone in a leadership position with an interest in ensuring that their employees have the skills needed to achieve organizational goals.
Tony has held senior HR and Learning and Development positions in businesses in ASEAN and has a deep understanding of the challenges faced in employee development in a range of businesses and cultural contexts. As a trainer and facilitator, Tony has worked primarily in Asia, but also in Europe, North America, and Australia, with some of the world’s largest businesses across a range of industries and sectors. Tony’s workshops are engaging, interactive, and fun – and help to deliver real results.
Date: 13th November 2018
Time: 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Venue: Crowne Plaza Hotel
Language: English only (no Lao translation)
ECCIL members: LAK 1,187,000 or USD 139 /1person
For non – members: LAK 1,545,000 or USD181 /1person
(The fee will include: handouts, 1 lunch and 2 coffee breaks during the workshop)
Please kindly register with us for the training before 03rd November 2018.
The registration before 3rd November will get 10% discount.
For ECCIL members: LAK 1,067,000 or USD 125/1person
For ECCIL non-member: LAK 1,392,000 or USD 163/1person