The European Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Laos is seeking to receive expression of interest from local consultants to work on a development of a management system for the certification of child labour free standard in Lao PRDR.
Terms of Reference for a Local Consultant
Project: Management System Child Labour Free Certification
Type of service: Short term consultancy
Position: Management System Developer
Reports to: ECCIL’s Project Director
Duration: A maximum of 40 days, from November 2018 to March 2019
Starting date: 01.11.2018
Duty station: Consultancy / ECCIL office Vientiane
1. Introduction and background
The European Chamber of Commerce & Industry in Lao PDR (ECCIL) has been established in 2011 and is the official representative organisation for European business in Laos. One of its principal objectives is to promote and increase business between the Lao PDR and EU member states for their mutual benefit and for the benefits of its members. ECCIL provides a variety of services to its members and non-members and intends to add certification services to its existing service portfolio. Within the framework of a pilot project, financed by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, ECCIL aims at the development and implemenation of a standard for Child Labour Free products made in Lao PDR.
2. Objectives of the assignment
The main objective of the assigment is the development of a management system to certify child labour free products made in Lao PDR.
3. Description and deliverables
The consultant will be responsible to undertake the following tasks:
- Definition/incorporation of a Child Labour Free Standard and minimum certification based on the International Labour Organisation’s criteria adapted to the Lao legal and cultural environment
- Development of a sector/product-independent certification routine
- Definition of responsibilities and related requirement profiles of potential service partners as members of a certification network
- Development of certification guidelines (Manual/Handbook)
- Identification & assessment of potential failures and other risks
- Design of an appropriate system for documentation and records
- Development of a monitoring routine
- Development and execution of a training for selected staff of the Lao National Chamber of Commerce & Industry (LNCCI) and the European Chamber of Commerce & Industry in Lao PDR (ECCIL) as certifying organisations
A maximum of 40 days is expected. The assignment will start in November 2018 and is expected to be accomplished by March 29th 2019.
5. Working relationship and contractual arrangements
The consultant will report to the Project Director and will work closely with the ECCIL staff assigned to coordinate this assignment in the Vientiane office of ECCIL. ECCIL is responsible for all contractual arrangements.
6. Qualifications and requirements
- Master’s or advanced degree in economics, engineering, agriculture or equivalent
- A minimum 03 years in Process Design/Development and/or Quality Management System Development
- Demonstrated experience in Process Management
- Excellent organisational and computer skills e.g. MS Office
- Excellent Verbal and written English skills and general communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with working in the development or business sector of Lao PDR
To download the full TOR please click here: Download
Proposals are to be sent to:
European Chamber of Commerce & Industry in Lao PDR (ECCIL)
Mr. Philipp Glaeser, E-mail: [email protected]
Tel.: +856-21-264455, 264330