Reporting to the Plywood Production Manager, you will provide leadership of all maintenance activities for the plywood mill, working closely with the maintenance supervisors and production team to ensure downtime is minimized and equipment efficiency is maximized. Importantly you will establish best practice preventative maintenance standards and procedures and ensure that the relatively inexperienced maintenance team have the required training to meet these standards.
This is an attractive opportunity for an experienced maintenance leader looking to make their mark in an expatriate role in a growing business with an exciting future. To be successful you must be able to strike a balance between having strong management, leadership and planning skills to initiate positive change, while also spending an appropriate amount of time with the team, “getting your hands dirty” to ensure that work is completed to standard and the team is focused on the right activities.
While you will be based residentially in the Laos’ capital of Vientiane, you will stay at the plywood mill in Hinheup District, approximately 1.5 hrs out of Vientiane Capital while on roster.
- Manage Burapha’s Plywood mill maintenance to meet safety, downtime and uptime targets
- Champion a positive safety culture that reflects Burapha’s commitment to the health and safety of all employees
- Deliver the maintenance plan on time
- Establish maintenance and safety KPI’s and a performance-based culture where employees understand their contribution to the company’s business and are recognised for their achievements in a team-based environment
- Constantly review and improve maintenance reporting, analysing data for trends
- Assign repair schedules and evaluate repair cost estimates
- Document and prepare daily progress reports and maintenance logs
- Manage the development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures for key maintenance activities and training to these standards
- Work closely with the Production Manager to maximise availability and reliability of equipment and machinery
- Actively support ongoing maintenance team training and development
- Ensure compliance with related legal/statutory regulations, professional duties, responsibilities and obligations
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Manage maintenance budget with a strong focus on cost control
Qualifications / Experience:
- Trade qualification in mechanical or electrical field
- Post-graduate studies in maintenance management or engineering highly regarded
- Current car drivers licence
- Extensive maintenance management experience, ideally gained in heavy industrial manufacturing
- Experience implementing preventative maintenance programs
- Strong understanding and application of root cause analysis and other tools to improve equipment performance
- Proven ability in driving continuous improvement in reducing equipment downtime and improving equipment efficiency
- Excellent understanding of maintenance planning, inventory control and spare parts management
- Safety first approach demonstrated and acted on consistently
- Strong commercial acumen and cost focus
- Outstanding interpersonal and English communication skills
- Excellent leadership ability to motivate and manage a diverse team with previous expatriate experience in a developing country desirable
- Strong analytical and decision-making ability
- Good emotional intelligence and cultural awareness to work in a multicultural environment
- Ability to balance strategic thinking and leadership with a hands-on approach to develop the team’s capability across operational areas
- Energetic and decisive
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
We offer a competitive remuneration package and a supportive and committed team environment.
To apply, please send your CV, proof of qualifications and a cover letter (optional)
To apply for this job please visit buraphawood.com .